more trees are growing in the US now than there were on the first Earth Day celebration in 1970
months is the average time for most paper products to biodegrade in the landfill
of paper consumed was recovered through recycling efforts in 2018
A cornerstone of our business, you can see sustainability at work in our practices and our products.
Our sustainability practices focus on three objectives: optimizing facility and equipment energy efficiency, using eco-friendly raw materials, and implementing direct recycling practices.
- Upgraded plant lighting with high efficiency fixtures reduce our electricity usage by 33%
- Motion activation lighting sensors in our warehouse cut wasteful energy use
- Lowering our manufacturing ceiling has reduced heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) loads
- Raw material packaging is extensively reused
- Paper wrap from rolls of material are reused as floor mats and tier sheets on pallets
- Corrugated spacers are reused as tier sheets between layers on a pallet
- Printing plates are photopolymer, which is not only recyclable, but also reduces chemical waste
- Manufacturing waste, including paper and roll cores
- Office waste
- Beverage cans and bottles
- Raw material containers that cannot be re-used, including ink buckets and glue barrels
- Seam glue totes
We share our customers’ concerns about how the packaging that Fischer Paper Products produces affects the environment. That’s why most of our raw materials and the standard paper bags we produce are environmentally friendly. We also work with our customers to maximize the sustainability of their packaging.
Here are just a few of the things we do to ensure the sustainability of our products:
- Our paper supplier’s mills are certified by FSC ( Forest Stewardship Council) and/or SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) for sustainable forest management
- Our paper bags are made from materials which are recyclable and biodegradable
- Many of our products are accepted at nationally recognized commercial composting facilities
- We print with water-based inks with no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
- The bleached paper we use is Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) or Totally Chorine Free (TCF)
- We source and use natural kraft papers (unbleached) whenever possible, as the more eco-friendly choice
- Whenever possible, we use materials with recycled content including Post Consumer Waste (PCW), Post Industrial Waste (PIW), and process waste
Fischer Paper Products is a proud member of Two Sides North America
Two Sides is a global initiative by companies from the Graphic Communications Industry including forestry, pulp, paper, inks and chemicals, pre-press, press, finishing, publishing, printing, envelopes, and postal operators. The common goal of Two Sides is to promote the sustainability of the Graphics Communications Industry and dispel common environmental misconceptions by providing users with verifiable information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium. Two Sides is active globally in North America, Europe, Australia, South Africa, Brazil and Colombia.
If you need more than the above go to: https://twosidesna.org/about