Fischer Paper Products is a successful, stable, and respected supplier to the foodservice industry specializing in providing quick, customized paper packaging solutions. For more than 40 years, the Fischer team has worked with fanatical effort to meet our customers’ needs for reliable service, quality product, and quick order turnaround. At Fischer, we believe that honesty is the foundation of trust and always strive to be collaborative, mindful, personal, and responsive both within our internal teams as well as with all our external customer relationships. We pride ourselves and stake our reputation on superior quality, friendly and helpful service, short lead times, and prompt delivery of our products – it’s the little things we do to make things easier for our customers.
Fischer Paper Products is positioned for exciting growth and innovation. Continuous improvement is the foundation of our growth, allowing us to serve our customers in ways that ensure long-term mutual success. We seek employees who strive to meet these standards in a safe and rewarding working environment.
Fischer Paper Products offers a strong potential for growth, a business casual work environment, competitive wage commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, 401(k) retirement savings matching contribution, and more.
Fischer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Director of Finance
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Finance foremost has the responsibility to combine strategy with solid execution running day to day Finance, Accounting, and Information Technology. In this role, you will identify untapped potential and help maximize growth, profit, and organizational performance goals by providing financial leadership, analytics and support throughout the entire organization. Through the use of increased technology and strong process orientation, you will enhance all FP&A and performance management systems, educate and empower our workforce, improve decision making, and implement tools and processes that improve Fischer’s collaboration, transparency, learning, and success.
- Hold oneself and Fischer Paper Products accountable for honest and ethical financial conduct and compliance, maintaining the highest standards
- Responsible for Accounting Dept. including G/L, operational costing, audits, compilation, etc.
- Responsible for IT Dept. and related Business Systems use and effectiveness
- Responsible for outside professional relationships with banking, auditors, legal and insurances
- Oversee all financial planning systems, strategies and initiatives
- Oversee all day-to-day aspects of financial systems including budgeting, forecasting, analysis, performance reporting, capital investment and project evaluation, and ad-hoc requirements
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of financial and operating results, with insightful analysis and commentary, to Executives / others as required
- Develop regular forecasts of revenue, profit and cash flow, and ensure functional plans/resources are aligned with business objectives
- Partner with Executive team to develop short and long-term strategic financial plans, ensuring Fischer has means to achieve aggressive growth plans and achieve financial targets for EBITDA, cash flow, ROI and ROA
- Design and implement architecture and technology standards for Fischer’s FP&A, Business Intelligence, and management reporting solutions
- Help guide Fischer’s strategic direction with solid business modeling and decision-analysis
- Provide thought leadership on business KPIs, drivers and areas of improvement
- Participate and/or lead special projects including business process and technology improvements
- Continuously improve tools and processes for FP&A, reporting, forecasting and performance management
- Work cross-functionally to analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and turn recommendations into results
Read more at the Apply Now link above.
The Financial Analyst is an exciting new position for Fischer Paper. The role will support Fischer’s business and management team in all manners that enable better decision-making and performance for the numbers that matter most, to include reporting, data analysis, systems optimization, process improvement, and project management.
- Overall help the Business improve acumen, process and reporting of key operating and financial metrics
- Work with department managers to understand and improve performance drivers in their areas
- Analyze, report on, and improve:
- Departmental costs / budgets
- Weekly/monthly managerial accounting reports
- Manufacturing related costs (Labor / burden / BOMs )
- Sales, Customer and Pricing related activities (Product Rationalization / profitability / trending)
- Departmental Metrics and KPI’s contributing to accountability and education of business
- Problem solve and perform process review / data analysis with business to improve efficiency and transparency
- Support Accounting Manager in close related areas (as needed)
- Sales channel cost analysis (freight, commissions, rebates)
- Ad-hoc Analysis
- Capital investment process & analysis
Packer – Day/Night Shift
We are adding new production lines and machinery to our business due to growth. AND we are moving it all into a brand-new building. We’re a growing supplier of paper packaging to the foodservice industry. We are looking for new team members to join us as Packers on our day and night shifts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Packing! Pack bags into boxes as they come off the production line
- Checking! Check bags for quality
- Labeling! Make and label boxes
- Reading! Understand job pocket packing instructions, quality info, product specs, etc.
- Counting! Maintain accurate counts of boxes and skids
- Working as a team! We work together during stressful times to ensure we meet our deadlines while still maintaining a positive attitude and developing positive working relationships with our fellow Fischer team members