Fischer Paper Products is a successful, stable, and respected supplier to the foodservice industry specializing in providing quick, customized paper packaging solutions. For more than 40 years, the Fischer team has worked with fanatical effort to meet our customers’ needs for reliable service, quality product, and quick order turnaround. At Fischer, we believe that honesty is the foundation of trust and always strive to be collaborative, mindful, personal, and responsive both within our internal teams as well as with all our external customer relationships. We pride ourselves and stake our reputation on superior quality, friendly and helpful service, short lead times, and prompt delivery of our products – it’s the little things we do to make things easier for our customers.
Fischer Paper Products is positioned for exciting growth and innovation. Continuous improvement is the foundation of our growth, allowing us to serve our customers in ways that ensure long-term mutual success. We seek employees who strive to meet these standards in a safe and rewarding working environment.
Fischer Paper Products offers a strong potential for growth, a business casual work environment, competitive wage commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, 401(k) retirement savings matching contribution, and more.
Fischer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Skilled Technician and Operators – Paper Converting and Bag Production
- Fischer Paper Products has got a brand-new bag! And we want YOU to jump on our Bag-Wagon! We are adding new production lines and machinery to our business due to growth. AND we are moving it all into a brand-new building. We’re a growing supplier of paper packaging to the foodservice industry.
- We need to increase our skilled talent on the production floor; experienced leads and technicians with our equipment, able to troubleshoot and work with our R&D as we bring on new customers.
- Identifies opportunities to articulate and define the Company’s image, organizational culture, key differentiators, reputation, and products and services through branding initiatives.
- Directs activities designed to build a positive candidate experience, promote and maintain a high level of employee morale, and takes necessary action to create a positive employee-employer relationship.
- Develops and maintains recruiting strategies and metrics such as diversity, cost of hire, and time to fill which are used to evaluate the effectiveness of the recruiting process and drives continuous improvement.
- Coordinates staffing activities which includes recruitment, selection, interviewing, and hiring of exempt level positions to ensure program aligns with business needs and incorporates external influences to the recruiting process.
- Establishes networks and maintains partnerships with third party organizations such as recruitment agencies and monitors its effectiveness.
- Monitors the recruiting program to ensure competitiveness within the marketplace and consistency with company compensation philosophy.
- Creates and maintains systems used to identify current and future talent needs and develop a talent pool.
- Manages talent acquisition process for all roles across the organization and trains managers on their role in the process.
- Develop and enhance the onboarding programs (including orientation).
- Develop and coordinate internal job posting program.
- Ensures compliance with company and governmental regulations such as OFCCP, EEO, and DOL.
- Partners with employees and management to analyze training needs throughout the organization.
- Designs and develops training material (training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials) and facilitation to meet learning objectives and accommodate a variety of learning styles while using adult learning principles.
- Establishes measurements and benchmarking to allow measurable improvement in training. Modifies curriculum in both classroom and hands on training to improve measurements. Reviews measurements and continuously improves training program.
- Creates and establishes procedure and schedule for follow up review and training for program graduates as needed.
- Works with manufacturing leadership and expert team members to establish plans to upgrade training facilities programs.
- Partners with local training institutes and organizations to refine their training to improve graduate skill levels to better meet Fischer Paper Products’ needs. May serve on advisory committee(s) for local technical institutes.
- Performs qualification testing. Assists in development and maintenance of procedures for safe and compliant machine/ tool operations. Coordinates workmanship tests for new and experienced team members.
- Assists in review of new projects to keep abreast of what training changes are necessary to keep current. May require travel to customer facilities for “train the trainer” sessions.
- Aids in performing inspections/audits/documentation of process/product and procedures to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Communicates with other departments (e.g. sales, engineering, tooling, maintenance, etc.) as necessary.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures. Evaluate modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual to optimize training effectiveness, training costs, or environmental impacts.
- Collaborate with manufacturing leadership to teach/learn additional programs and provide idea sharing and feedback.
- Offer specific training programs to help employees maintain or improve job skills.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Attend meetings or seminars to obtain information for use in training programs or to inform management of training program status.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Completing tasks outlined on the Master Cleaning Schedule and signing off upon completion
- Daily cleaning and sanitation of entire facility (restrooms, lunchroom, front office, plant, outside grounds) not including production machinery
- Periodic cleaning tasks, as needed and as assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Weekly inspections and documentation of interior rodent traps
- Emergency cleaning assistance as necessary
- Miscellaneous facility maintenance tasks such as painting, floor coatings, etc.
- Track the use of all custodial supplies and submitting an order to Purchasing as needed for supply replenishment